View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #51
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: When did bombing become an announced event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I can remember when we used to have bombing wars. And by war, I mean war.
Two guys would sling stuff back and forth at each other for weeks or months. All out in public and it was an absolute laugh riot.
Talk about sweat. You'd just hope someone would cave..

We've done mass bombing runs that had nearly 100 people join in. I can remember one in particular that literally transformed the recipient. The overwhelming love changed the way he thought about people, period.

I can remember when I was in an accident at work and I broke my back. It was the day before my birthday. I was laying on the couch feeling as low as I had ever felt in my life, with so much misery coming in the near future, bills, operations, doctors, it was awful.
On my birthday came a package. A box of cigars from someone I barely knew. For my birthday. It literally made my cry. It also changed my entire outlook on the crap I was about to go through. It reminded me how much I love people and how much I love being loved, so I sucked it up and got on with it.
When I went into surgery, the brothers here (at CS, actually) sent me everything I could possibly need to keep me entertained while I healed up. The outpouring of love and caring was astounding.

I can't even begin to tell all the stories of guys who's bomb arrived just at the right time. Right when they were lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut. A small gesture of kindness that truly saved them that day, and an amazing "coincidence".
I don't believe there are any coincidences in God's world. There's no way that I could know that someone was about to jump off a roof, then the package that I sent days before caused them to step back from the edge. I've been on the receiving end of those "coincidences" many, many times.
I bet that nearly everyone, if not everyone here, can relay such a story as it happened to them. I can think of a bunch off the top of my head.

I say that if anyone wants to announce a bomb, go crazy. Let's just hope the bomb has the same tremendous impact. I think that's what folks worry about with the "announcing", that the magic healing part of the bomb may be lost with the announcement?
And that is why Scott is one of my heroes. Well said brother.