View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
Jenady

Default Re: grinder question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
So, Dani, the coffee fanatic here, has been making do with a whirlyblade grinder. After reading through the threads here, it's obvious that she needs a burr grinder. Any recommendations? NOT looking to spend a fortune....please be reasonable.
I am finding that the coffee experience is much like the cigar experience. I started out with a inexpensive burr grinder like some are suggesting. They work OK but...

I moved up to a Rocky grinder. It works so much better and is much more adjustable. It is also much more expensive. I used mine for moka pot and french press brewing for over a year now. I have ground several pounds so far. Then I moved up to an espresso machine.

I bought a Expobar Brewtus IV-R. Now it is obvious that the Rocky is not up to the task of providing consistent enough grinds to get great espresso. So, I ordered a Compak K10 Professional Barista K10, real expensive.

Do you see the trend?

I hope this is the end of my quest. In fact, it has to be the end but then I am still looking for the ultimate cigar too.

It is a sickness.