Old 02-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road
Default Brew Dog Fans?

I got into microbrews six or seven years ago, but I haven't kept up on what's new since then. However lately it seems like I see Brew Dog beers nearly everywhere.

Does anybody love this stuff? If so, what do you recommend?

I have to admit, at $80 a bottle, the 32% abv "Tactical Nuclear Peguin" made me roll my eyes when I first read about it, and I kinda wrote these guys off as dorks.

Right now I'm halfway through a bottle of their "Hardcore IPA" and it's decent, but I'd still prefer a Dogfish 90 if we're drinking Imperial IPAs. The Hardcore is all hops with near zero sweetness to balance things out . On the positive side, the aroma when I first poured it was incredible. I don't know if I've ever had a beer that smelled so intensely of fresh hops. Unfortunately, I'm not a hop freak.

so anyhow, I can taste the love that Brew Dog has for making quality stuff, but it just seems a tad nerdy for me. I want to believe they're making beer that's tasty and not just "the hoppiest" or "world's strongest". Are these guys strictly gimmick clowns or worth another shot?

cheers

Last edited by JJG; 02-17-2011 at 09:45 PM.
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote