View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 03:20 PM   #14
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Forced to Retire Early

Personally, I envy you. As a 59 year old pastor, I'm looking probably at another 6 years before I can even consider retiring and being able to afford to live on what my pension and social security give me.

I have however thought about going to part-time, and taking a decrease in order to be collecting social security early.

I've watched many people retire however, and whenever it is nobody thinks they're ready to do so. The other thing I've noticed is that those who keep themselves busy with something, hobby, volunteer work, taking care of family, all seem to prosper emotionally, mentally, and physically after retirement.

Of course now my advice is a little different. Prayerfully ask the Holy Spirit to guide your decision. Then after you make your decision, accept it as the guidance of the Holy Spirit and God's will. And then you live your life in the peace and joy the Lord.