View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 11:45 AM   #10
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Trading: (1)
Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Forced to Retire Early

Life has a way of always keeping you buzy! I worked in the auto body world for around 15 years. Working on cars then running a shop. Then at 36 I quit to become a Stay at home dad. It was very strange not going to a job everyday but I seemed like I was working more Then when it was starting to get easier I was starting to play golf a few times a week and then we had another kid Back to full-time house dad. As the kids got older I got a PT night job at a cigar shop/lounge. (that was a good time, lasted for abut 10 years). Then my moms health stated to go down hill. So I became a PT caregiver. She then fell and broke her hip and I moved her into our house. Well for the next 3 years I became a Full time Caregiver giving meds and wiping butt AGAIN in my life. She passed away last year but I know I did the right thing (it was just me dad died when I was 8 and no other family).Well my youngest is almost 18 so I was thinking I just might be able to finally just do nothing. But NO the FIL is recovering from cancer so he moved into our house and I have became a PT caregiver again! That is till a few weeks ago when he fell doing something stupid (being a pride full old man) and broke his hip So when he gets out of the SNF and comes back home I will become a full-time caregiver again!
So the moral of the story: YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A JOB TO DO, IT MAY JUST NOT BE WHAT YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE!!!

"Life move's fast don't forget to at least enjoy the view"