Fell ROTT

First Name: Scott II
Trading: (3)
JL
omowasu has disabled reputation
Default Re: Quick Burr grinder question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
I don't grind coffee every day, more like once a week. But sometimes three or more times a week. I have a Capresso brand conical burr grinder that is probably medium grade at best, but does an excellent job, every single time. And I've had it for over 6 years, and it's still working as well as it worked new. It was a Christmas gift from my mother, so I don't know the cost, but it looks similar to one's that they now sell for around $70-$80.

I guess it just depends on the luck of the draw. My luck with the brand has been all good.
I have a Capresso thats about 7-8 years old now, seems to work great, and has definitely seen some abuse (rocks in the beans, lack of cleaning, etc). There were a couple issues with it - one was the static concern. That was easily remedied by pouring the coffee from the catch bin into the filter while over the sink (and is really more indicative of overall house and bean humidity than the Capresso itself), and yes it does need to be tilted forward when the grind is done to get all of the grounds out from under the burr. But it works for me and I use it for standard drip grind, espresso grind, and Turkish.

The newer units may not be built as well - I havent looked in some time.