View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #48
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New spin on a 'Car' thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Those Cherokees are nearly unbreakable IF you maintain them properly. Transmission fluid every 30k, oil every 3k. Mine was awesome. I wish like hell I never traded it.

As I noted in the lead post for the thread, I just bought my wife a 2013 Outback 3.6R, pretty well loaded out. Never had a Subie, but I understand there is a cult following and most people refuse to drive anything else. I am happy to be in the club....
Yeah, while I loved my first Jeep mostly because it was the first car that was all MINE and I loved my second Jeep...its fairly likely that I will never buy anything but a Subaru again. We got a 2.5x Premium. We drove the Jeep Compass and it wasn't even in the same ballpark as the Forester. I was a little worried about the 4 cyl and power/pickup but it's great. Faster off the line and passing than our old Outback which was the 3.0 H6. The turbo would have been cool but it's another 5 grand and you have to put premium in it, change the oil every 2500 instead of 7500, added maintenance...just made more sense for us. Like I said, it's plenty fast.

Subarus aren't the flashiest cars and don't have the fanciest bells and whistles but the symmetrical AWD system is the best on the market and they are an excellent value at least in the forester and outback lines. I'll take a boxer engine and the SAWD system over any fancy toys out there. Driving a Subaru in the rain is an experience, I've never felt safer on a wet road in any other car.