View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default It's iPhone upgrade time, woohoo

I know we have a bunch of tech geeks in here sooooooooo,

I currently have an iPhone 7 Plus. I have had it for 2.5 years. I ran iOS 12 beta on it and now have the GM which is the same as the public release. I am thinking about updating to one of the new phones.

I tend to read a bunch and watch youtube videos whenever I am considering a new device and think I have decided what I am gonna get.

I am going to wait on the iPhone XR in the 128 gig model for 800 bucks.

Reasons for this are:
1. Don't really care about OLED cause I don't watch a LOT of video on my phone. Plus I am reading that ALL OLED have some form of burn in plus I saw somewhere if you hold the phone more than one foot away from your face, your eyes can't tell the difference in all those pixels anyway. I do occasionally watch DirecTV Now on my iPhone 7 plus and it looks great to me and the XR is supposed to have a better LCD panel that that one does.

2. Money, money, money. I am probably sure I could get away with a 64 gig phone because on my 128 gig iPhone 7 plus I am only using a little less than 30 gigs. But I will probably get a 128 gig when I buy. The iPhone XS is I think $1149 for the bigger one.

3. Money, it deserves two spots.

4. Size. I think the 6.1 inch screen on the XR will be about right. I looked at a XS today and even though the screen itself is a little bigger than the one on my iPhone 7 plus, it still seems smaller somehow. I think the Max would be a little too big for my liking.

Anyhow that's my take so far, but that's always subject to change.

What say you?
G G is offline   Reply With Quote