View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 02:17 PM   #3
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Blind Review Cigar #3

Dafu's Review:
Smoked cigar #3 on the deck after supper with a pour of Four Roses Small Batch.

1) Aesthetics: Robusto sized medium brown and silky smooth. Looks good.
Score for aesthetics: 4

2) Pre-light Construction: Nicely rolled, maybe a little spongy. Not much of a cold aroma.
Score for Pre-light construction: 3.5

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Cigar smoked well, plenty of smoke with white ash. No relights necessary. A little hot at the end.
Score for post-light construction: 4

4a) Flavor and strength – 1st 1/3: Started out mild with slightly sweet floral notes on the retrohale.
4b) Flavor and strength – 2nd 1/3: Picked up a little strength with hay replacing the floral notes. Full medium bodied now.
4c) Flavor and strength – Last 1/3: Some of the sweet floral notes returning with some spicyness. Not quite a nubber but pleasant enough. Guessing Dominican and/or Nicaraguan blend.
Score for flavor and strength: 3.5

5) Aftertaste/Finish: Probably the favorite aspect of the smoke. Particularly the sweet floral and creamy notes. A little milder in flavor than what I usually smoke but OK for a change of pace.
Score for aftertaste: 4

6) Aroma: Light floral aroma to my senses. Not offensive in any way.
Score for aroma: 4

7) General Comments: Paired this cigar with a pour of Four Roses Small Batch and it complemented the sweet floral nose of the bourbon. I did enjoy it but probably not a cigar I would purchase. Maybe because I've been smoking 99% Habanos for awhile.
Overall score for the cigar: 3.5

8) Recommendation: I'd recommend this cigar if you're looking for a light but flavorful NC.