View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 02:39 PM   #5
Conch Republican
10-78

Trading: (60)
HUpmann
Conch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Blind Review participants

Cigar labeled as #3 (since #2 is a Maduro - will work on that one tomorrow)

1) Aesthetics: the look of the cigar - oily, coarse, smooth, dry, light, dark, pretty, ugly, etc... This is a robusto, decent mid-dark wrapper

Score for aesthetics:

2) Pre-light Construction: Roll cigar between fingers - soft spots? loose? tight? dense? lightweight? Well rolled? how does it smell? Feels consistently dense (like me), slight woody smell from the foot; cuts well - easy draw

Score for Pre-light construction:

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Does it draw well, does smoke pull through on its own, do soft spots appear after lighting, burnes evenly? smokes hot or cool? What is ash like? color of ash? flaky or solid? Easy light, smells like burning wood

Score for post-light construction:

4a) Flavor and strength – 1st 1/3: What does it taste like? Full-bodied, med. or mild? Does it taste earthy, spicy, fruity, vegetal, sweet, rich, harsh, direct, floral, robust, woody, green (haylike), acidic, salty? Is it pleasant or unpleasant? Does it build in flavor and/or complexity as you smoke it? Is it bland, flavorful, complex? Did it get bitter? This is interesting, and not sure if it is good or bad...I can't place the flavors...kind of like hot (almost burnt) sugar/cotton candy; still in the 1st 1/3...definitely cotton candy-ish on the retro; Good burn, a little uneven but should settle in.

4b) Flavor and strength – 2nd 1/3:Started the 2nd 1/3...a flavor like hay or burnt hay in the back of the throat. After purge, smokey flavor - like kindling burning on the retro...still a decent burn, good construction.

4c) Flavor and strength – Last 1/3:Last 1/3, a little more ammonia

Score for flavor and strength:

5) Aftertaste/Finish: aftertaste is the sensation &/or flavor on you palate after each puff, not the taste left after you finish the cigar. Is it heavy - light? Spicy, cedary, fruity, bitter, hot, grassy? Mild - strong? Pleasant or not? Harsh? Not the best cigar for my tastes, fairly strong after taste...not that it is bad - just not for me. I would score this a 3.5 but I still recommend people try every cigar they can - since everyone has different taste buds (and I have like 3)

Score for aftertaste:

6) Aroma: What does it smell like? Good - bad? light or heavy? pervasive - mild? floral, perfumed, grassy, harsh, woodsy, overpowering, unpleasant, magnificent?

Score for aroma:

7) General Comments: Are samples consistent? Did you particlarily enjoy of with a certain food or beverage? Did they appeal more at certain time of day? Did it remind you of something? Would you buy them? Sum it up as you would to a friends ("That cigar was awesome!") and give it an overall score.

Overall score for the cigar:

8) Recommendation: Would you recommend the cigar? Pick one of the following and explain:

Not Recommended
Possibly Recommended
Recommended
Highly Recommended

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior