Old 01-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #21
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation
Default Re: LOST Notes

Subject: LOST - some research after last week's epi.

According to Michio Kaku (a popular theoretical physicist) the equations on Ms. Hawking's chalk board were probability equations and they were for determining radiation effect which could mean the wormhole was becoming unstable...70 hours may be all the time they have left before the exotic matter becomes uncontrollable and destroys the earth.
The pendulum that Ms. Hawkings was using to determine Ben's time window may have been a Foucault pendulum.
From Wikipedia: The Foucault pendulum (pronounced "foo-KOH"), named after the French physicist Léon Foucault, was conceived as an experiment to demonstrate the rotation of the Earth.
When Sun and Kate met up in Sun's hotel room, why did Sun show Kate a baby picture of Ji Yeon? Ji Yeon would have been like 2 years old by that time. Just something interesting...
Remember when Ben asked Jill (the butcher shop lady) if Gabriel and Jeffrey were back yet? What if Gabriel and Jeffrey are the men who showed up at Kate's door for the blood sample?!
A refresher on Dr. Marvin Candle/ Wickmund/ Change/ Halliwax's arm (we still don't know why he used different names). Remember that we have seen him with a prosthetic left arm at times. Here is a list of the different videos we have seen him narrate, in the order that we saw them, and the status of that left arm:

The Swan Hatch film (the "push the button" hatch) - fake arm
The Pearl Hatch film (the "sit around and watch the other hatches" hatch) - real arm
The Flame Hatch film (the "Mikhail's security hatch, which Locke blew up" hatch - fake arm
The Barracks film (the Dharma living quarters) - could not see the left arm
The Orchid Hatch film (the time experiment hatch) - real arm
The Arrow Hatch film (the "gather intelligence and devise defensive strategies against the Island's hostiles" hatch) - real

In the video released last summer he talked about an "incident" and looked down at his left arm, which was real. Apparently he knew at that time that he would lose that arm in the future. I am assuming that the Swan Hatch and the Flame Hatch were installed after the "incident" since they needed the Swan Hatch button to be pushed to release some energy to prevent another incident. That would explain why they implemented the button-pushing.
So, I think when we saw him last week he was filming the Arrow Hatch orientation film and it was when the construction crew was just beginning drilling by the "energy core" which would have been before the incident.