View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #71
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official Asylum Reef Tank Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Ron,
Both are beautiful indeed.

All a matter of preference as to what you want to keep.
That is the beauty of the hobby that it allows so many variations.
If you want my angels, you can't have a reef. In a reef, one can never, ever keep the fish I have as most of them would enjoy it as a wonderful treat and would eat all the corals/sponges.
So we each have our shortcomings but it is that variation that makes it so neat.
My non reef world is about sustaining very rare fish that are known in the hobby as not lasting very long. I love that challenge.

I benefited from both worlds for quite some time. I had the fish only system with the massive, large fish, while my son had the 75 gallon reef only system, with all the corals and the fish that reefs can sustain.
He has since torn his down and left the house so I stayed with my fish only.

At times I am tempted to set up a second tank as a reef system in my living room (I keep my tank currently in my family room). I have ample space for them. I just don't think the divorce attorney is worth it. Wife will clean me out totally if I dare set up another.
Carlos, have you ever seen one of those great big jellyfish exhibits that's just a six foot wide tube that goes from floor to ceiling with nothing in it but water and jellyfish?
I think that's you, my brother.

One day I'm going to build a tank and keep an octopus.
Wish me luck.