View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 05:46 AM   #8
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Why not BIGGER than 1-3 cup Mokapot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOB9595 View Post
The door is opened to a whole new world!!!
Here's another take on mokapot sizes, Tom. It IS a new world when you finally get a pot to make a killer brew, isn't it? However, when new-to-it folks get to making bad brew with a mokapot four, five or six times in a row they usually bail out and go back to something easier and more familiar. Learning to brew well with a large pot can be frustrating and it does burn thru a lot of coffee per pot. For this reason I think the small pots are where to start.

I think lots of folks assume a large pot (e.g. 12-cup) is what they want/need because they can drink a whole pot of drip coffee. I don't think of myself as being particularly sensitive to caffeine but two pots from a 2- or (absolutely from) 3-cupper gets all my brain molecules vibrating and my muscles twitching - unpleasant feeling. While YMMV, too much moka is easy for me to drink but WAY bad for how I feel. The **** is sneaky-bad if I drink too much. Maybe that's partly to blame for my large-pot prejudices. Large pots are for crowds, not individuals, in my view.