View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Staycation anyone?

Something new this year - a staycation. Never heard of it until this year and now I'm part of it. It started yesterday and runs through 8/10. 11 days of no work!! Many reasons to do it. My job is solid, so same money as always. However in the past six months, we've been through an MRI, a colonoscopy, a root canal, a tooth crown, and a new 4 ton AC unit. Even with medical/dental insurance, those first four listings with dent your wallet. The AC unit is very nice, but doesn't come cheap either. My sister and brother-in-law usually vacation with us. She's back in school and he's working less hours, so they're doing it, too. I figure we'll go to the beach a few days. I'll try to work a couple of rounds of golf in. We can go bowling. Maybe a movie. The Wii will stay busy. Also gives me some time to do a little maintenance around the house. There will most definitely be cold beer and cigars every evening. Best of all, I get to sleep in my own bed every night. Not so bad, I guess!!

Anyone else trying it this year?