and stuff. . .

First Name: Nick
Trading: (0)
Army
Obscura is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Games thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint View Post
The Fallout/Elder Scrolls stuff all just ground to a halt for me. They just take too damn long. I recently hit the Oblivion/Morrowind GOTY for $15 on Steam, booted up morrowind (and remembered why it was so much better than oblivion) and got sick of it after an hour. Same thing with New Vegas.

I used to be such a proud RPG monkey.

I'll end up getting Skyrim out of habit "just to see" I guess. But I'm not as excited as I should be for a $60 game.
I hear you, but I'm a persistent little bastard. Plus, with all the side storylines and the fact that I just sometimes boot up the game to go on killing sprees. It amuses me to know end and sometimes, I even actually start to do the main storyline to progress my character.

Oblivion/Morrowind is an excellent game, but damn, that thing takes forever and a day. I seriously almost rage quit after it took me an hour to get somewhere, to only get jumped/killed and having to repeat it all over again. Granted, I could have skipped that by saving along the way, but sometimes I really push my luck.

I'm looking forward to Skyrim, once again, that's just habit kicking in. Hopefully I'll be able to keep interested in it, but at the exact same time. I'm not sure if I can invest five or so hours every time I play it. Cause those types of game need a lot of time to do anything in one sitting.