Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation
Default Re: World Series who ya got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Interesting perspective Dom, but FWIW the curse of the billy goat is "only" 71 years old.
Joel, nobody likes a know it all!

Great game last night. Congrats to the Cubbies and all their fans.

I had thought that if the Cubs got out in front early they would just keep on going and steamroll the Indians. I never saw them fighting back the way they did.
After the 2 runs score on the wild pitch, Ross comes out in the next inning and belts that homer. I thought the Indians were done right there.

Give John Smoltz credit. he knew Chapman was going to be fatigued due to the workload. He only said it about 2000 times over the last 2 nights.
We get it John, he's going to be tired. I wonder where his insight on fatigue was with Miller and Allen? They weren't sharp either.
Can't blame any of the 3 though They gave both managers everything they had and left it all out on the field.
Smoltz did do a great Job on the Davis home run in the 8th. Telling us that Davis was looking down and in, was the best call by an analyst that I remember since McCarver told us about the danger of bringing the infield in with Mo on the mound in 2001.

Give the Cubs credit, too. They didn't shrink after the Davis homer.
They came right back in the top of the 9th to give the Tribe some more.
That Lindor play to end the 9th was fantastic!! I don't know how he got to that ball, and after he got it, how he was able to get the out with Fowler running was amazing. Best defensive play in the WS since the Joe Panik double play, game 7, against the Royals.
I do think the rain hurt the home team and I thought Francona should've had Bauer start the inning after the delay. That's all woulda coulda shoulda.

Great game, great series. Can't really ask for more!