View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #49
klipsch

Default Re: ion breeze / air purifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
How about the Mansion ?

No seriously, Walt, does it have ion? I got the impression from their site it was only ozone?
They're ozone generators. Not ionizers. I had originally looked at getting an ionizer back in Dec of last year. As I looked for more and more info to be sure that I got the biggest bang for buck...and didn't have to worry about buyers remorse, I ended up on the Odor Free and Air-Zone sites. I finally decided on the Odor Free unit based on cost and reliability. That also included cost of replacement plates and or filters.
Here's a link to a section of the Air-Zone site about Why Ionizers Don't Work. I ended up buying the Overnight model from Odor Free which is what they now call the Villa. They give you a 30 day trial with the units, so you can see for yourself what it's capable of. From all of the reading and questions asked over the phone, I was led to believe that it would require a unit with an output of about 800 Mg/Hr to eliminate the smell of cigar smoke. That's why I went with the 1000 Mg/Hr Overnight (Villa). I rarely use the unit at anymore than half that output. It all depends on how much time you have to clear the odors. 45 minutes at full power or several hours at 1/3-1/2 power.
I can honestly say that this has without a doubt turned out to be one of the better purchase decisions made I've in the last year or so. I use this thing everywhere in my apartment. If you've got dingy smelling clothes...stick them in a closet with the ozone generator on a high setting for 30 minutes. Everything in the closet will come out smelling like they just came out of the laundry...seriously! Did you make a stupid mistake and put a half smoked cigar in your travel humi? Empty the humi and point the ozone generator at it and the foam for a half hour...it'll smell like it did when you got it new. I have no experience doing this with wooden humidors. But if you put a half smoked stick in your wooden humidor...maybe you deserve to have to buy a new humi so you don't make a mistake like that again...lol