View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #2668
baust55
AUSTIN

First Name: JAMES
Trading: (1)
baust55 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What cigar did you smoke today VI?

Sunday I had to make expedition to Wal-Mart alone so I brought a cpl cigars one to smoke up and one to smoke on the way back .

well I am cheap ...errr thrifty ...hence Wal-Mart .

so I picked some value sticks .

on wau up I smoked a Cuba Libre The Brute (Gordo) (4.5"x60) retail about $4 I paid $1.60

Cuba Libre is a positively delicious Honduran premium layered with robust yet balanced flavors. Its toothy Cuban-seed Corojo wrapper conceals a feisty recipe of Cuban-seed, long-leaf tobaccos grown in the fertile soils of the Jalapa Valley. After 8 months in Nestor Plasencia’s aging rooms, this flavorful mixture exudes a hearty core of earth and leather with a toasty influence. Each vitola pumps out voluminous, soft clouds of voluptuous, silky smoke that linger pleasingly on the palate before dissolving into a peppery-sweet finish with pronounced notes of pleasant spice through the nose. Buttery smooth and perfectly balanced, it’s medium in strength but a few clicks shy of full-bodied. I love this cigar. Not to get too far over the top, but Cuba Libre offers the ideal juxtaposition of disarmingly lush, intense flavors with classical, finely-tuned structure.

quick notes:
- Cuban-seed Corojo wrapper
- Spanish box-press finish
- Jalapa Valley long-fillers (Honduras)
- 8 months cedar-aging
- hearty core of earth, leather & toast
- billowing clouds of lush, silky smoke
- peppery-sweet finish through the nose
- butter-smooth, robust, balanced
- medium body

on the way home the HC Series Maduro Belicoso (6.0"x54) retail about $6 I paid $1

Xikar HC Maduro.

Dressed in a dark, silky-smooth Havana Oscuro wrapper grown in Connecticut, Xikar HC Maduro is jam-packed with a rich combination of long fillers from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. After aging, these medium to full-bodied handmades deliver a creamy, complex array of coffee, pepper, caramel, leather, and earth.