View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #104
falconman515
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Chris
Trading: (35)
JL
falconman515 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

Got this PM form a user asking a question about if I run the cooler or not.

Here was his PM and then my reply.

BOTL: Quick question for you on your build, for the wineador build you did, does the wineador actually run as in you plug it n a power source and it runs or are you just using the shell as a box? I havent seen this completely spelled out as what to do with this and what setting you run it on?

ME: No the Wineadors main purpose should be temperature control. I live in the Valley of California with some nasty hot summer months and found when I first started a humidor would exceed 70degrees VERY easy and got to high to be safe for my sticks, so I decided to take the plunge into something to control the temp and first bought a cheap 8 bottle rig with 2 trays but filled that fast so decided to go balls out on the big 28 bottle.

On the Newairs the highest temp you can set it at is 66 .... but when using a hygrometer with temperature as well the internal temp runs a little off so during the summer I normally run it the highest temp of 66 and that gives me about 67-68 degrees in my cooler all summer ... and along with my kitty litter the temp and RH stay Rock Solid!

Now all depending on where you live the fall and winter months are different for me ... I turn the unit all fall and winter time as my ambient temperature in my house holds my wine cooler to a 63-64 degree temp in the box at all times ... all I do is run a small fan in the unit to move around the air and humidity and open the door to shift the RH to keep it from building up stale pockets of less RH.

But ultimately a wine cooler is for one reason only ... temperature control, so you should always be running the cooler to keep the temps down during hot months and figure out if it's needed during your cold months (more then likely not).

Hope this helps.
falconman515 is offline   Reply With Quote