View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #1258
Robulous78

Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Ok Bourbon Banterer's...

Admittedly I have little experience with Bourbons, Maker's Mark has been my go to for many years, after reading this thread and getting some advice from some of the guys here I went and tried 2 more bourbon's to add to my list...

Maker's Mark
Four Rose's Small Batch
Knob Creek

I have to say I enjoyed the Four Rose's Small batch's smoothness but missed "the burn" of my Maker's Mark... The Knob Creek was ok, just ok... I Didn't care for the heavy "bite" and while it had good "burn" I still enjoyed the "warmth" of the Maker's Mark better...

Forgive all the "quoted" words... I don't know if they are the proper terms to describe what I am trying to say but they are my best attempt...

So today when I was picking up another handle of Maker's Mark I asked the local ABC's shopkeeper about other Bourbons, Specifically the Buffalo Trace because I have heard a lot about it from others... He said not to waste my money... Anyone agree with that?

My next question would be if you were looking for a Bourbon with similar "Burn" "warmth" and "bite" to Maker's Mark, what would you suggest? What if you were trying to keep it affordable (under 50.00)?

The guy did say Woodford is probably the best bet, but with the price tag, It might be a while before I get around to that one...