View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Outlook 2007 Problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
This is probably obvious and you probably did it, but I need to ask -- have you rebooted?
Yes - several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
What is your smtp port setting? Compare that from the [working] Thunderbird account to the [non-working] outlook account... is one set to authenticate and another not?
All set to authenticate. I didn't change the port settings on either this computer or the one that hasn't been used for several months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conch Republican View Post
If what DBall said doesn't work, PM me and I might be able to fix
Checking the port settings verse the Outlook and newly installed Thunderbird: Thunderbird did not install on the default smtp port setting. So I changed the Outlook to match the Thunderbird port. Outlook worked.

So this brings up the next question - why now, why suddenly is the default port not working. I changed nothing. And it surely does not make since that a computer that hasn't been used in three months would be affected with the same deal.

As I'm typing this I'm wondering if my IP made changes last night. Currently using Fios. When I used Cox Cable, all outgoing mail had to go through their mail server and not mine - but still used the default port of 25. Under Fios though all mail goes through my servers.

Still thinking WTF??

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote