View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 07:08 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default What Are Policemen Made Of?

Paul Harvey.
Paul's father was an LEO who was killed in an attempted robbery, by the way. When Paul was 3 years old.

I have always admired anyone who's chosen to be police. I've always thought they were nuts, but that's beside the point.
In my younger days, I had regular run-ins with the police and I always treated them with respect, even when I was getting dragged off.

To the point...
That respect was earned by an old-timer, Freddie Volosky. He caught us kids being kids 100 times. If we were riding our motorcycles without helmets, he'd slide the car sideways in the road, walk up on us, and tell us to get our asses home and get our brain buckets.
We knew not to run from Freddie, and he was always fair. More than fair.
He taught us. And he looked after us.
He was a damned fine man, and even as kids, we knew it.