View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #57
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delivery Pizza Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Forgone conclusion was too strong, but we as a consumer almost expect something afoul to happen if the service industry isn't given decent gratuity regardless of the level of service. That's my beef.
They're hiring kids, you pretty much have to expect that kind of thing. I don't think for a second that it happens as much as we might think it does, but that fear is a chip they don't even have to play. We play it for them.
I guess it's built in. We know what we're up against when we order a pizza. You give the kid five bucks, that's the deal. If I don't want to give the kid five bucks, I shouldn't order a pizza.
It's really just like everything else. If you don't want crappy service and soggy cigars, don't buy them from CI. The list goes on and on.
I suppose we could argue forever how it should be in a perfect world, or how it should be so we'd like it better, but that isn't gonna change that it is what it is. Pizza sure isn't the only place we have to "play by their rules". It's life.

Back home we have Frank's Pizza. It is easily the best pizza in the universe. It's so good that spit isn't going to matter. You could dip this stuff in a tub of spit and it'd still make your eyes tear from the sheer goodness. I think everyone should order from there (but then it'd turn into that commercial goo like Pizza Hut and Dominos).