View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #47
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Delivery Pizza Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
So in addition to his tip, I have to pay his wages too. Got it.
I do not get the delivery fee either. It seems like it has started fairly recently, which I do not understand. I just don't get delivery anymore. It seems to me that the stores are using the $2.50 or $3 fee to offset the cheap pizzas that all the chains seem to be pushing. 5 years ago, a stuffed crust pepperoni from Pizza Butt would cost like $15. Now it is $9. They are not losing the profit, but making it up somewhere else.

Yes, some places charge a fuel surcharge. I understand that (to a point), but in those cases, the money goes to offset fuel costs. I would understand a delivery fee for pizza if the pizza place turns around and gives that money to the drivers for gas. But, they do not. It is hundreds (if not, thousands) of dollars a day in additional profit.

I quit eating most restaurant pizza anyway. That **** is terrible for you. I cook a mean Margherita pizza on the Big Green Egg anyway.

ps. On the very rare occasion that I do get delivery, I do tip well. Usually a fiver.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote