View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 03:55 PM   #1
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough
Default Nica Rustica Short Robusto

I was asked by another member to review this cigar. I don't do many formal reviews but here it goes.

Nica Rustica by DE Short Robusto
Wrapped: Conn. Broadleaf Maduro
Binder: San Andreas Negro
Fillers: Nicaraguan Esteli and Jalapa

The cigar is a beautiful dark chocolate, reddish color with minimal veins. It has a semi wrapped foot and a pig tail at the head. A quick V cut goes perfectly through the head and I get notes of cocoa and fruit on the cold draw.

This cigar lit very easily even with the wrapped cap. Burn started a bit wonky but corrected itself about a half inch in. First third I'm getting that cocoa note with and added spice and leather taste. Very pleasant so far. Tons of smoke with a very nice draw.

Second third saw more of the same. An nice straight draw with the first ash falling on its own just into the second third of the cigar. The cocoa note has mellowed and given way to an intensifying leather taste and added wood notes. A retrohale adds a nutty flavor as well. Still chimney loads of smoke, which I love.

Final third the cigar Briught the full bodied power. The subtle cocoa note was still hanging in there but leather and spice were at the forefront. The burn was now razor straight and I began to notice I was sitting in a cloud. This cigar pumps out the smoke.

Final thoughts: This was one of the tastier cigars I've smoked this fall. It hits all the right notes for my tastes. I think this cigar would have been just another good broadleaf maduro smoke but the San Andreas binder put it over the top for me (huge San Andreas whore here). Construction was great, smoke levels off the charts, and it tastes as good as it looks (the wrapper is gorgeous). I will definitely have to get more of these as the fiver I got won't be lasting very long.