View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #11
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Espresso at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanco View Post
... Either jump in all the way and commit to spending both money and time, or spend neither and go moka pot route.
Yeah boy. (Starting with a snarking good grinder above and before anything else. A good grinder for moka is a good thing - that or pro-ground. Same thing with vacpot and, a little less so, press. Paper filter drip - use a hammer if you want and the coffee still comes out good if the beans were OK to begin with. I swear people think I just make this stuff up. Thanks for the kind validation report, Duck'o.) Jeezo. Who wants to start a grinder thread?

My brain is still swelling from concussion of the last one I started. My flesh was ripped, eyes gouged and reputation (what little there is of it) was tarred and feathered. Fact is, once a bunch of anti-expensive-grinder sharks smell blood in the coffee they won't stop circling until the prey is dead, shredded and eaten. I don't think I have the strength to start another grinder thread. I am only alive today because I taste so bad.