View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #19
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: College Hoops Thread 2011-2012

Last night's games went pretty much as I anticipated, with one minor surprise:

# 16 Arizona 67 - Duquesne 59 = The Desert 'Cats had about all they wanted from the Dukes, and maybe a bit more. I'll stick with their 16th rank for now (though it may NOT stick with them ) because I think they will improve. Still, it gives one pause.

# 20 Texas A&M 81 - Liberty 59 = And like I thought, the Flames went down in them, lacking the size and talent to bring a cropper to the Aggies.

St. John's 78 - Lehigh 73 = It took a late run by the Red(men)Storm to edge the Mountain Hawks, even with the inspiration (or distraction) of Steve Lavin's return to courtside following his prostate-cancer surgery. I said Lehigh would not win, but would acquit themselves respectfully. They did so.

Akron 68 - Mississippi State 58 = Had I the stones, and had it been later in the season, giving me more info to go on, I may have called for the "upset" here. I hedged my bet by saying it would be no cakewalk, yet felt that the homecourt should give the Bulldogs a boost over the Zips. And maybe it did, though not enough of one. Nobody expected MSU to be amongst the class of the SEC, yet this could be a sign that the conference is very top-heavy . . . again.

There are no games this evening, but with all the action slated for Friday I might be back with some early previews, just to get a jump on it. Either way, I'll be back soon.