View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 06:58 AM   #207
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

First Name: Neil
Trading: (26)
Partagas
nutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nice
Default Re: NHL '17- '18 Season Thread

Everyone I know wanted to see the match up between the Preds and Jets. It was everything we expected, and I think the St Boniface ER was loaded with patients with chest pain this week. Great series for sure. The fans on both sides are super passionate, and it is great to see the rivalry build.

Anyway, last night was interesting:

The Preds fans have a chant "it's all your fault!" - for game 7 I have 3 candidates:

Poor Rinne, who had two crazy goals get by in the first 10 minutes - not sure I really can lay it on him...
Ryan Ellis, who skated around gently while Stastny blew by and got up close and personal with the goalie. (One of the most tenacious forwards around the net - what are you thinking?)..

No, not him either.

For me it's that twit Subban. We've watched his antics all season long - writhing in apparent pain, crawling to the bench after a hit. Such B.S. Last night he was checked by Kyle Connor, who must be all of 165lbs. Subban went flying as if hit by a train or possibly even Dustin Byfuglien. To add insult to injury Subban scored on the ensuing power play.

But Karma is a ***** my friend.

Diving and writhing belongs on the soccer field, not on the ice. He doesn't deserve to be in the NHL, and certainly doesn't deserve to be in the conference finals. Good riddance, I don't have to watch your bullsh*t till next Fall.