First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Blackstone Griddles- Adam & Dom --Get in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
36" or bust. I'm sure Adam already shared his experience with the 28"
Yeah, I explained over PMs, but I'll put it out here for everyone.

The 28" has a very bad burner design. It uses two circular burners that sit next to each other, like a stove top. This caused two massive hot spots right over the burners while the rest of the griddle top, which was probably 30-35% of the total area, ran cold. For the amount of usable cook surface that I had, I might as well have just been using one of the green fold up coleman 2-burner propane camp stove and some pans.

The top also warped.

Twice. Both times with very little usage.

After the first top warped to the tune of 1/4"-1/2" up or down (I forget which) over the burners, the company sent me out a new top. The height of the pins was different on that one, so it ended up warping the other way, I think it caved in.

Customer service was great though, that's one of the reasons I went and bought the larger one after returning the 28".

Plus, buying the 36" direct from their website (www.griddleguru.com), because of no tax, it ended up being only about $80 more than the 28" from Amazon. I had started out with the 28" because I wanted something a bit more portable, but now that I've had both, I can say that unless you have a really small car, the 36" is just as portable as the 28". And it has a larger cook surface, it heats more evenly, it has 4 burners, doesn't warp, has better wheels... it's well worth the extra few bucks.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote