View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 01:25 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Laranja Reserva Lancero

This found its way into my humidor by way of Dijit, who played my 2020 Secret Santa.

So, I do enjoy smoking lanceros, and this has been sitting in my humidor for a while. I must admit that I was not very impressed with the look of this smoke, it was not pretty by any means - almost a Connecticut shade wrapper, but somewhat veiny and dry.

Taking to flame, the draw was a bit hindered, but not in a way that made it unpleasant, just a noticeable hindrance in the draw.

As for the flavors? OK, this one really threw me for a loop. First, it was quite a bit stronger than I expected, very cigar tobacco-y (if I can describe it that way). It reminded me of hardwood burning on a campfire (that's nice, but not in my cigar). Other than that, I really was in a quandary trying to identify flavors. I did look up some other reviews to see if they might jolt me into some sort of reminiscence, but that didn't help at all. Almond? I didn't notice. Orange? Nope! Hickory? Maybe the hardwood, but it was more oakie to me. Sweet? Actually, more bitter.

So, this wasn't exactly in my wheelhouse - but maybe I was just having an off day.

Thanks for the experience, Mike.

God's blessings on your Thanksgiving.

Peace of the Lord be with you.