View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 06:23 AM   #13
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Time for a change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
That's the big question. I really just don't know anymore Moses.
Well, what types of things would you like a new vocation to include? Do you want to travel? Work with tools or hands? Desk job, math heavy, customer facing, commission based? Do you want to be a sole proprietor or work for someone else? Write this all down and layout so you can build a plan. You need some direction or you'll waste time and cycles.

Start with the bottom of the pyramid instead of the top down to figure out where or what you'd want to do. Many vocations can be taught in school and/or apprenticeship.

When I got into computers, I said "I need a vocation" and bought a book on Windows 95 and went from there. 25 years later I am still in that vocation. Hardly my dream vocation, but it pays the bills & all that.

I should've just went to vocational school instead of regular high school, but if you don't go right to college in America you are looked at lower class or not as smart (to the ones who keep promoting college at all costs). My college degrees aren't worth more than the frames they are displayed in.

I look at all the large yachts Falmouth Harbor where I grew up. Very few were afforded because of a college degree. Most are owned by people in construction, sales, real estate, etc... Not so many academics, lol