View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 11:57 AM   #5
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Trading: (1)
Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Time for a change...

Well it was a long time ago but I never regretted it!
I worked in the auto body industry starting with. I rebuilt stolen Porsche and Mercedes Benz from the ground up. Then I ran auto body shop about 10 years with no help. Writing all the estimates, ordering all the parts and paint, dealing with the ins companies, air and waste people and the employees all while with an absentee owner busting my balls everyday. Never knowing how or if I would make payroll. Not knowing if my painter was going to go on a binder and I would have to suit up and go in the paint booth. Ect, Ect, Ect. I was so close to having a breakdown everyday! Then my wife gave me the news that we were going to have a baby. She had been climbing the corporate ladder and she asked me what I thought about being a stay at home dad "this was in 96'. six months later I quit and it cost me a lot as the SOB sold the biz out from under me and I lost a lot of $$ from back pay and my percentage. But I did the right thing I am still a stay at home dad with one daughter out of the house and the other 17 now. I can't tell you it has a been a cake walk but I would do it again in a heart beat!!!
As the girls got older I did do some PT in the thing I loved PT at a cigar shop smoking cigars all day It also allowed me to be a full-time caregiver when my moms health started to go down. I was able to move her into my home and take care of her for the last 3 years of her life!!!

It is always a risk at one point the wife's company closed and we had no ins. and it took her a year to find another job and we spent all of our savings! But it has all worked out and I have been blessed!!!

Go for your dreams or at least find something that is not killing you slowly!!!