View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 09:37 AM   #1
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Time for a change...

Do to several factors, I think it's time for a change in my life. I have been working in the same industry for 38 years and it is getting harder every day to get up, put on a smile and do the same crap with the same stress and anxiety over and over. Add the possible upcoming mandates, my time may be getting close.

My issue is where/how to start over. Having done this for so long, I really don't feel like I have any marketable skills, and I DO NOT want to just change companies. I need a new vocation. Yes, I can (and have been working on) getting back into catering, but that will take time and I'll be without insurance.

I have some money saved, but we took a big hit to my reserves when Holly was sick. I have my dad's house that I can fix up and sell, but that would only give me about a year's salary. And I would rather not hit my 401k, I need to wait another couple of years to get it without paying penalties. I also have about 10 years before I can hit social security (it it's still around).

Sorry to ramble, just wondering if anyone else has been at this point in their life and has any advice.