View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #145
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Devil Site Victims Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksknnr View Post
Made my first bid and win yesterday. Just a 5 pack of some Alec Bradley's
Threw in a $13 Bid didn't think I would get them, but figured what the hell.
Got an e-mail this morning saying I won. Is this how it starts?

That's EXACTLY how it starts. The next step is finding something you like and putting a reasonable bid in for it. Then you think to yourself "Well, to make the shipping worthwhile I should bid on something else." So you find something else you like and put in a reasonable bid on that, too. Then you realize that if either of those bids doesn't win you're not making out so well on the shipping. So you bid on a third item just in case, even though you don't really have room for them. And then you win all three bids.

Then, of course, there's the late night "Drink & Bid", where you have a few too many, wake up the next morning, and check your e-mail to find four bid confirmation e-mails and you have no idea what you bid on.