Still not Adjusted

First Name: Rob
Trading: (1)
Partagas
germantown rob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Behmor on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonlady View Post
In 2 years I have only had one fire. And that was because I didnt do a good job of cleaning out the roaster. Either use a shop vac or dust buster for easier cleaning. And Yes as Mentioned Never Walk away from your roaster while roasting. Have a great time.
Good point about cleaning. I tear my machine down often to get the residue that builds up cleaned. The new chaff collector for the Behmor should be much better at preventing the chaff fires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Point taken. I roast on my patio so I doubt I'll burn too much, but have read horror stories about fires, including many from Hottop owners.

I normally fire up a cigar, sit outside, and enjoy the roasting with a spray bottle close by.

The whole experience is quite enjoyable to me and my patio is my refuge.
I love to roast outside in better weather, I have 28" of snow on the ground and another 12"+ due starting tomorrow.

I do suggest adding a fire extinguisher to your arsenal, a co2 one won't hurt your equipment if it is ever needed.

Could you point me to the Hottop fires? Unless you are referring to when they first imported them into the country many years ago I have not seen any mention of one. Don't get me wrong, roasted beans are 30-40f away from an imminent fire once 2nd crack has happened, Danger Will Robinson, Danger .
germantown rob is offline   Reply With Quote