View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 04:42 AM   #89
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sports Cars, Muscle Cars and Customs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblz View Post
It's a PDK. No more manual in 2016 turbos. I know they dropped manual recently but not sure if it was this year. Traded in the M and miss it for about half a second, but can't complain as this is about twice as fast. Finding time will definitely be the issue for me as well as far as track goes...
My friend had a '14 Cayman S with PDK and traded it on '15 997 base with manual. The PDK is neat, but I am still wanting to row my own. I like how the Porsche you can go up or down on either side of the wheel and the two gear kick down. Along with the more mechanical feeling when the PDK engages vs. a conventional slush box auto...

I just can't warm up to owning an automatic for a sports car still. I traded in the XK because it was an automatic and passed sweetheart deal on an IPS new Evora. That could change. When my S2000 lease ended years ago, I went right for the automatic sedan...

If you are ever in Natick, check out European Performance Engineering on Rt 135. They are Porsche specialty shop. I was in there about a month ago and they were rebuilding a 959 engine! How many times does one ever even see a 959, never mind with the engine besides it.