Old 08-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #2600
tupacboy
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
tupacboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Here's the Thai BBQ baby backs. They turned out awesome.

I had to modify the recipe a bit as the store was out of cilantro, I couldn't find lemongrass and I forgot to get pineapple juice. I just omitted the cilantro, but will look into it for next time. instead of the lemon grass, I used fresh lemon juice. Just half a lemon for the marinade, then the other half for the mop. I went with extra rice wine vinegar for the mop, plus added some honey for a little more sweetness.

They were spicy, tangy, sweet. Needed just a touch more salty for my liking, but overall they were great. Served with a spicy coleslaw along side.

they look delish!!! did you have to cook them a bit longer then the recipe said?

lemon grass is pretty hard to find... gotta go to a south asian market usually.... did you add honey to the mop only or marinade too... gonna have to try this one... i usually do dry rub only but been craving a spicy sweet wet rib... that's why i looked it up... gonna fire up the smoker this weekend for this...

any other reccomendations for as sweet / spicy rib guys? i would like to try a couple while i have her going.
tupacboy is offline   Reply With Quote