View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
VTDragon is on a distinguished road
Default Caridad Connecticut Toro

First - this is a mild cigar. Those of you who prefer stronger flavor profiles will not like it.

I bought a fiver of these along with fivers of Maroma, Soldad and Arganese Connecticuts from Famous Smoke Shop to see if I wanted to add any of their inexpensive, mild brands to my regular rotation of 5 Vegas Gold, RP Connectuicut and Gurkha Symphony. This is the only one that made the cut. (re: the others- Maroma was just TOO mild, almost tasteless, Soldad was pretty a loose roll resulting in a smoke that got quite hot as it burnt down and the Arganese was too spicy for my tastes)

The construction is first rate with a nice tight roll and decent looking wrapper. Initial light up yielded nice quantities of cool, mild, but not tasteless smoke. Ash was light gray and easily held for 1/2 inch or more when I usually tap it off. This stick stayed nice and cool right to the nub with no bitterness, spicyness or unpleasant aftertaste.
Flavor was typical Dominican mild -slight coffee overtones with a very nice, almost sweet aroma. Flavor built as cigar burnt down, but never really reached medium strength, just stayed pleasant and buttery smooth.

I highly recommend this stick for those of you who prefer their cigars on the mild side or even for those of you who want a nice change of pace from some of the more robust sticks. At $29 for a box of 25 at Famous you really can't go wrong.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote