Thread: Milk & Eggs
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
billybarue
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
billybarue has disabled reputation
Default Re: Milk & Eggs

I was cooking for the wife's birthday the other night. She texted me during the day and said when she was a kid her Mom always got her a Baskin Robbins "Chocolate Chip" ice cream cake. So dinner goes great and kids have fun. I break out the cake and she looks at me and says where's the "Mint Chocolate Chip" ice cream cake. I showed her the text for "Chocolate Chip" and I start laughing.

If I need her to get something or I make a request I am very specific, and 9 out of 10 times she will get "what she thinks I want, not what I actually asked for." I follow her instructions to the T, and is all she can say is - "well you should have known I meant MINT chocolate chip".

You just can't win, so I laughed. She didn't see the humor or paradox involved. It cost me - I got to do the dishes alone. But she felt bad about that and made up for it later . So I guess I came out on top - so to speak .