JIMBETHYNAME
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Jim
Trading: (1)
JIMBETHYNAME is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Getting Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
As someone that is stuck interviewing a lot of people lately, don't over sell yourself. We're looking for designers and if I see one more person that says there were a "Senior" this or "Lead" that, that has no idea what they are talking about I will scream. Today we had a girl that graduated a year ago and the only exp she has is some non profit intern work, oh but she was the "Senior Designer". Overwhelmingly under qualified people wasting my time just ticks me off, granted it's the people doing the pre-screening that suck at their jobs, we've already had to speak to them 2 times about the quality of candidates they are sending us.

Oh sorry that turned into a rant, but yes, don't oversell yourself or along the lines of Mark's suggestion maybe you could become a competitive eater!
I've been at mycurrent job, I'm a carpenter, for 6 months now and I dont get paid to be a foreman. But for some reason Ive been in charge of a $400,000 additionin scarsdale ny.
Now , understand that I worked my way up by proving myself on numerous shitty jobs, and never touted myself as a lead carpenter.
In the last 2 weeks, I had 2 different new hires that were sent to work with me, that swore they were lead carpenters,that didnt knowthere ass from there elbows and neither knew basic construction. One guy made $2.00 more an hr than me but couldnt put a shelf up level.
he had to go. I think his firstwords to me on the job were, "you carry a ***** tape", cause he had a 35' fatmax and I use a 25' fatmax. This is because "hes a lead carpenter " and he does layout,whens the last time you laidout a 35' wall asshole?
Im 45 and he was 26, said he ran crews for 7 years prior.
my point being, Ive notice in construction that the ones who say they know everything and think they a re gods gift usuallydont know ****.
the older guys dont brag about how good they are, but the younger guys are all the best mechaics inthe world in their mind, but are just dumbasses
JIMBETHYNAME is offline   Reply With Quote