View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
VTDragon is on a distinguished road
Default Patriots Fans

A new season is almost upon us and it should prove to be a fun one. Looks like the AFC East will be a battle to the end between the Pats and the Jets. I love Ryan because he makes the Jets so easy to hate, (not that I didn't feel that way anyway). The most interesting thing about this year's teams is that it increasingly looks to be a classic battle between a great offense and a great defense. I know, conventional wisdom is that defense wins... we'll see.

Some other thoughts re the Pats:
I'd love to see both Brady's and Moss's contracts settled prior to the first game.
I hope the very young defense learns quickly.
I've about given up on Logan Mankins ... too bad, he's a good one.
Tight ends- just imagine, we are going to have credible tight ends (bet Wes Welker loves that idea-opens up the middle even more)
How can anyone not love Welker?
Why is Maroney still with the team? (probably in case Taylor gets hurt)
The rookie punter Mesko looks pretty good
The Defense will need lots of specific game planning (and probably trickery) to be effective - we'll see if BB is up to the task

All in all I'm excited about the new season. As usual, injuries will go a long way toward deciding the league's leaders, but with this offense it
promises to be a fun ride.

GO Pats !

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote