Crazy K

First Name: Kristin
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
IBQTEE1 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Dark Lord 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbailey View Post
They get nothing from the ticket sales, it all goes to charity. They are in the middle of an add on right now (not huge). The event is pretty fun and something I look forward in April. In the past there wasn't tickets, just show up hangout and get your beer. It got so big that they started selling tickets. In 2010 you didn't need a ticket to attend. The ticket just meant you were for sure getting your beer. After the ticket sales anyone could get in line and grab some (within a limit). 2011 was the first year you needed a ticket to attend at all. No ticket no way in. The city started cracking down more which why they are only letting ticket holders in. The brewery sits in the middle of an industrial park.

They only brew X amount of Dark Lord and you can only buy it that day. Last year they did variation bottles of Dark Lord which was pretty cool. Nothing beats sitting in the brew pub drinking Cask Dark Lord and Vanilla Bean Dark Lord.

Posted from a bar stool.
Not all of it Hootie.

#3 in FaQ
The only way to ensure that you’ll get some Darklord is to purchase a ticket online. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of these tickets go to a local charity.

But if you never have had the beer don't knock it. This will be my 4th year. I would not miss it for the world. Great beer and greater friends.