View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #55
TheCigarNut
Just in from the Storm

First Name: David
Trading: (0)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheCigarNut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mother kills intruder with shot gun!!!

I am from St. Louis city and to start off - I think people defending their property is not only understandable but a responsibility. Coming from an area where break-ins and murders are fairly frequent I will be the first to say that thinking a criminal will stick their tail between their legs and bolt when hearing a shotgun rack is mislead. Some of the rural areas, maybe even into the suburbs - sure, I can see that scenerio but I personally had someone break into my house on the south side of the city - racked the shotgun and the guy cussed at me and squeezed off 5 rounds through the wall. A professional/desperate criminal has already A) delt with it or B) doesn't care.

In respect to the young lady - do I think it was staged? Absolutley not. Could there be more to the story? I'd put money on it.

From what I have gathered - husband died recently, young man attempts to break into girls residence and was identified as someone who was stalking her. She contacts 911 requesting assistance and essentially 'permission to use dealdy force' if he enters the residence. Man and accomplice attempt to enter ( I think 20 minutes is an exageration unless the 'breaking in' was excessive knocking which turned to shoulder checking, picking the lock, etc ) and 1st to enter is shot upon entering.

I find it interesting more so than 'there is some excessive foul play at hand' - none the less - Hopefully the full 'truth' comes out and I hope those in commonwealth areas are able to defend themselves properly without the fear of prosecution.

Hornchen
Semper Fi
TheCigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote