View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
yellowgoat

Default Re: Lotus Vertigo is a rip off even at 20 bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
you can get one of those inserts for your zippo that uses butane, this way your cigar doesnt taste like youre smoking a hurricane lamp.

The "regular" blazer works pretty well, and a lot of the guys here swear by them.

I had one of the triple jet nibos, and I gave it away. It was great for lighting up a cigar, but you couldnt touch up because the flame was TOO big.

The butane you use can really affect the functionality of your lighter too... Ive been using Lava with good results. Its (and Vector also) is 5x refined, so it wont gunk up your lighting mechanism
I been using Xikar butane. I may get one of them Zippo inserts or a Zippo blu if I can find one for a good price. So far though, I beeb using a Wallgreen brand fuel for my Zippo's that hasn't mucked up the taste at all. I was surprised there were no odd funky taste.

I don't think I will ever buy a Blazer again, Once you get shot in the face with butane and ruin a good cigar because it shot fluid everywhere you'll never look at it the same way.