View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 09:25 AM   #16
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cigars you enjoyed once upon a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Used to smoke Maria Mancini cigars on a regular basis, but have not had one in years.
I know some places no longer have those available.

I remember the hype over them and a few others that Lew Rothman was behind beginning at the end of the boom, featuring the great Habano 2000 (H2000) wrapper.

I remember they were a really great cigar, especially at the price point. I also have not had one in years... but I have a reason... the last one I did have was nothing like the ones of the past.

That brings up a point. Some blends have evolved, trying to find tobaccos to emulate the flavors that were present in the inception of a blend are no longer available. I am guessing a maker has 2 options: 1)press forward w/a best effort, making due with replacement leaves that are "close", but it is not quite right... 2)stop production of that particular blend.

(what follows is my own personal opinion. That, and $2.11 will get you a "grande" size black coffee at the coffee shop in Clintonville, WI. So, take it for what it is worth.)

I know some cigars from long ago that are almost spot on... (in my opinion, the El Rey del Mundo Robusto is one that tastes very similar)

Others have evolved with replacement tobacco, making their best effort... some are good, in their own right, but ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL (AF Hemingways)... Some should just stop as they are not close, and an embarrassment to the original (Rocky Patel The Edge and some Tatuaje brown labels)

That is my

Peace of the Lord be with you.