View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #1935
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whats in your bowl?

Hey guys. Needed to take a bit of a break from cigars. Even morning sticks were starting to feel harsh to me.

So I decided to noodle around with a pipe and see how I liked it. I picked up an array of stuff from my local spot, and the woman recommended Dunhill 965, and a "London Blend" I think (don't have it in front of me.)

I also ordered two 3-tin samplers just to get out there a bit. But they're all really fruity to the nose. Haven't smoked them yet.

So far, I have to say the 965 is pretty nice. I'm hunting for something a little bit more...rich and perhaps spicy. (Trying to stay away from "peppery" as much as possible.)

I'll try the fruity ones over the next week or two (though I have to imagine they're going to flavor my pipe undesirably. Perhaps I should sample them in a little corncob? Thoughts?)

Accepting any and all recommendations.

I noticed that smoking a couple bowls a day really burns out my tongue. The geometry of the tip just concentrates the smoke down unless I let the pipe hang out of my mouth. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't pick up a Petersen or a chuchwarden or something.
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote