View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #47
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What Mc Donald's is feeding you...

I haul about 1.5 million pounds of beef a week from Cargill for my company. The sanitary testing is very stringent. My trucks are regularly delayed because product has been held up for USDA testing. Even though a beef recall makes big news it happens incredibly infrequently when you consider the volume of beef produced annually. The USA butchers over 300,000,000 cattle annually. Being a natural product, there are inherent risks with contamination. You've all seen farms at one time or another. They're dirty. Some of that dirt/mud/feces/urine muck that cattle walk in is gong to occasionally make it into the food chain. Our food production and distribution systems are the cleanest in the history of mankind. The use of ammonia is not a problem. The problem is that Beef Products was exempted from testing and recall.

By the way, do you guys realize that the chickens you buy, even the organic free range ones, are washed in bleach after they're butchered?