Old 09-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #59
SurfnSafari
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
SurfnSafari has disabled reputation
Default Re: college major, advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Poli Sci, Devan. Can't do chit with it, that's why I'm a cop.
Honeslty being a Cop is a good secure job if you work for a "good" agency, where else can you go to work each day, and have different experiences. Get paid OK, and have benefits, and a retirement at the end of a career.

One in a while if you try real hard you can change some kids life if you can communicate with them to stay in school, don't get into a gang, or involved in ileagle activity.

College is not for everyone, and some of the skilled trades pay better then having a job with a fancy title, and poor pay.

I am partially color blind so law enforcement, and fire fighting were closed to me. Being color blind cooled many opportunities in the military.

I knew what I want to do in life in High School, it took about 15 years working on my dream career to become a full time profession that allowed me to retire at 50. But like my dream, I also understood one day retirement would come, lucky I had the brain, to save a lot of what I made, when money was rolling in.

SurfnSafari is offline   Reply With Quote