View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CAO Last Stick Standing Cigars (all three)

Thanks for the review, Dan.
I agree wholeheartedly with your comment about General connecting with their consumers. Hopefully the reason they picked up CAO was so that they could travel down that road and enjoy the BOTL side of the cigar market. By that I mean catering to the individual and enjoying the brotherhood by putting a real human's name and face on their company.
Up until now, I don't think, as a corporation, they've had time for that. It's also dangerous because that face can hurt the bottom line. Some people aren't going to like that face and then they won't buy the cigars.
I do know for fact that there's many damn fine brothers that work for them. They flat out love us and we love them back. Any one of them could step in and be General's ambassador.
If they truly pursue this angle, I think it'll be both a wonderful opportunity for them and us. I hope it's worth it to them to continue on even if it doesn't yield as high a margin, and do it even if it's scary. It'd be nice to see a name and a face on that giant company. That's something they're sorely missing, and something that I think would be very well received. I know I'd love it. I'm thrilled by this little toe-dip.