View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 04:57 PM   #1
Laz
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Laz is on a distinguished road
Default Review - Cuban Crafters Vitrina Cabinet Cigar Humidor

Got this a few weeks ago and figured I would post some info for others.

I was looking for a good budget humidor and for $999 shipped it’s a great deal. But it’s not super quality but good.
I wrote a 5 star review on their site stating the price per value was awesome but my review had some notes on the press board shelves, etc.

My review was 100% positive but they never posted since they want to maintain the illusion of all wood or whatever. This is wrong since all reviews should be posted regardless.
So this is why I am writing it here.

Packing was second to none. Double boxed palleted. 10 stars on the packing.

Looks 5 stars. Looks great and looks like fine craftsmanship.

Where the price comes into play is the quality. It’s no doubt laminate which nothing wrong with laminates especially if you want a bargain price. I knew the sides would be all laminates but was surprised the shelves were particle board with micro thin laminate on them. The door did not seal quite right seemed a little off so I replaced the seals and added some top and bottom latches to hold it air tight.

Looking at it and opening it up looking at the inside and shelves and door and hinges it looks like a fine humidor but the guts (particle board) puts it more in the cheap furniture section. But with cheap furniture you know it by looking at it, this you cannot tell until to get into it. I drilled a small hole in the shelf that’s how I knew how cheap the guts were.

Would I buy this again? For $999 shipped most likely I would if I were looking for a super looking budget humidor.

If I were to spend more I would expect solid woods, etc.

So on the fence with this one. For the money it’s a great value BUT it’s not solid wood walls or shelves. If I buy again may have to spend 2k+ and get a REAL wood humidor.

I am a little disappointed they hide the fact its laminates by the description and lack of posting my review. Customer service was top notch but if they want to last in the humidor business they need to be more upfront with the details, etc.

So if your looking for a starter cabinet humidor and can get this under 1k shipped its a good deal. If you want solid wood and solid shelves then spend the extra and get something else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (48.9 KB, 350 views)
Laz is offline   Reply With Quote